Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Los Tigres Del Ring

It is now out ," Los Tigres Del Ring ", by Jimmy Pantera ... A wonderful book about the whole Lucha Libre culture; Jimmy has a huuuge collection of vintage comics, exclusive vintage photo-stories, radioactive toys, photos, and anecdotes and knows how to share his passion for the Mexican wrestling. Lucha libre is quite a trendy thing these days, but "Los Tigres Del Ring" has soul !

( I had the chance to paint the cover, in a photorealistic/painterly way this time, I really enjoyed doing it ! )



A few inner pages ...

4 comments:

jimmy pantera said...

Merci Emmanuel! Au plaisir...

Anonymous said...

Amazing paintings you have here, I didn't know you had a blog until now.
You are one of my favorite artists and I feel very inspired when looking at any of your works.
I'll definitely keep my eyes on this place.

Unknown said...

this thing looks cool, these lucha libre guys make such cool characters

you're not the first one who told me about the nose, i think the color of the nose gets lost in the eye socket, good call :)

Anonymous said...

Some of the pictures of Jimmy Pantera's book can be seen live at the art gallery MUCHaboutART in Brussels : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brussels-Belgium/MUCHaboutART/36333196089.

Jimmy's book is also available for sale at MUChaboutART...